Monday, January 21, 2013

How Shall We Then Live?

The Bible isn't filled with formulas for exact lifestyles and professions and hobbies that make up the Christian life, rather it's filled with principles that can be applied to any persons life wether they are in the bush in Africa or on the streets of America or in a castle in England, whether they are rich or poor, male or female, talented or clumsy, brilliant or simple. And God has a unique expression of who He is to reveal through all types of people!

I am asking the wrong question when I ask "what does it look like to live as a faithful Christian according to the Bible?" If I'm in any way seeking a formula and not merely a principle. God is diverse and thus he made people diverse, and life is a messy journey that will never pan out a certain way based on some formula. If you want a formula, here you go:

  1. One must be born again through Christ to even see the Kingdom.
  2. One must conform ones life in every way to the principles of the kingdom of God over time by the Holy Spirit Always aligned with the Word of God.
  3. Ask the question in every season, "God, who do you want to be for me right now in light of all that I'm currently going through?"
  4. Then ask, "What passions and desires have you instilled in my heart that were placed in me to reveal Christ to the world in a unique way and draw the specific people you have ordained for me to reach?"
  5. One must also ask the question, "God, what does obedience to you look like for me right now."
  6. And pray "Lord of the Harvest, send forth laborers into the harvest; and here am I, send me."
  7. And pray each day "Lord help me to recognize your hand throughout my day to see the people you have put in my path and understand how to minister to them in the moment."

Miscellaneous Thoughts:

Don't hide under a basket, let your list shine before men that they may see your good deeds and glorify your father in heaven.

Faithfully invest what god has apportioned to you and He will reward you when he returns.

We are Gods workmanship, created in Christ for good works that God prepared before hand that we should walk in them.

God calls us to be fishers or men and gives us creative expression unique to who we are as individuals that serve as lewers that draw the people to you that God desires to reach and love through you. If we start seeing all of business and art and life in this way, and are open to minister according to the Holy Spirit whenever He speaks, even if its prophecy and prayer for a person at your booth even when others are around etc., then God will ensure that finances and clothes and food and all other things are provided.

I am the David Lewin expression of Jesus Christ. If I don't express what God has put inside of me, a part of the revelation of God to this earth will be missing. On the other hand, if I don't allow The Lord to discipline and conform me to the likeness of Christ daily, my expression will end up being more of David Lewin than of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment